Monday, February 1, 2010

3D is it becoming too much?

With the success of Avatar in 3D, it has caused the studio to go back in and add 3D elements to Clash of the Titans. Watching Avatar on the IMAX 3D, I thought to myself there is no way I would ever want to see this in 2D. Nothing can match the experience I had in IMAX, unless I could install one where I live. Frankly, the IMAX screen would be bigger than my entire apartment. This got me thinking if this trend of 3D movies continues how would this change the movie experience? Or is this a trend that people will grow tired of? Hollywood has tried this experiment before, and used the 3D experience to drive people back to the movies instead of sitting down in front of TV. Today it feels like we're doing the same thing. Using 3D to entice people back to the theaters instead of being on the Internet or playing video games. Most people I have talked to have said that they would not have enjoyed Avatar in the 2D format. What does that mean for the longevity of this film? People will rush out in mass to buy the movie, but will it capture their imaginations the same way it did in the theater?

No comments:

Post a Comment